Friday, June 27, 2014

Do you believe in ghosts?


Do you believe in ghosts? Have you seen one or you just read or heard of stories about ghosts?

When I was a young boy, I saw a lot of movies about ghosts. I also heard of children and adults who claimed that they saw a ghost. Like many other children, I was afraid of the dark too.

Now that I have grown older (a lot older,actually), I just think that there is no reason to believe in ghosts. If ghosts do exists, I think they would probably look a lot different from what we usually expect.

If a ghost is the soul of someone who has passed away  and  returns or appears to his loved ones, why do we always expect it to be wearing some form of clothing? If a soul does not have a material existence, if it is no longer tangible and is already in a spiritual form of some sort, how is it possible for a ghost to wear clothing? If a ghost does not have a bodily existence, how can it wear anything at all?

I do not pretend to be an expert in this topic but I believe that these are valid questions. In my humble opinion, we should not believe in ghosts...regardless if they can wear clothes or not.

(This is an English version of an older article that I wrote for this website)



No comments:

Post a Comment